Monitor password policies for your AWS accountRequest a DemoRead the Docs
Continuously audit and monitor password policy configurations and enforce security compliance as code with Panther.
Password policies are set on your AWS accounts to enforce complexity requirements. Use Panther to track real-time changes to your password policies to ensure configurations meet your business requirements for security and compliance.
Monitoring password policies is critical to ensure it is compliant with your internal password requirements. Use Panther’s built-in policies for continuous monitoring of password policy resources, or write your own detections in Python to fit your internal business use cases.
Common security use cases for password policy with Panther include:
- Ensure that the account password policy enforces the recommended password complexity requirements.
- Prevents users from reusing previous passwords, and prevents password reuse for 24 or more prior passwords.
- Set and enforce the maximum password age of 90
How it Works
The integration is simple and fast:
- Connect your AWS account to Panther
- A baseline scan is performed to identify all passwords in your account(s)
- Built-in detections identify security issues
- Alerts will be sent if non-compliant passwords exist
Use Panther to search all Password policies in an account by name, view their compliance status, associated policies, and configured remediations. Learn more about using Panther to analyze your AWS logs for security insights.