Continuously audit and monitor AWS Config Recorder configurations and enforce security compliance as code with Panther.
AWS Config provides a detailed view of the configuration of AWS resources in your AWS account. The AWS Config Recorder resource describes the AWS resource types for which AWS Config records configuration changes. Use Panther to track real-time changes to your Confic Recorder resources to ensure configurations meet your business requirements for security and compliance.
Monitoring Config Recorder is critical for understanding the history of AWS resource configuration changes and detecting suspicious activity. Use Panther’s built in policies for continuous monitoring of Config Recorder resources, or write your own detections in Python to fit your internal business use cases.
Common security use cases for Config recorder with Panther include:
- Ensure config recorder is operational and capturing changes to your account.
- Check if AWS Config Record support types of global resources, such as IAM users, groups, roles, and customer-managed policies
- Configure a comprehensive configuration audit in place for all resource types in AWS.
How it Works
The integration is simple and fast:
- Connect your AWS account to Panther
- A baseline scan is performed to identify all existing Config Recorder resources in your account(s)
- Built-in detections identify security issues
- Alerts will be sent if non-compliant Config Recorder resources exist
Use Panther to search all Config Recorder resources in an account by name, view their compliance status, associated policies, and configured remediations. Learn more about using Panther to analyze your AWS logs for security insights.