Dec 13, 2023
New and Noteworthy
- Added detection inheritance for Python detections and Simple Detections.
- Inheritance lets you create one or more Derived Detections from a single Base Detection.
- Derived Detections inherit the Base Detection’s core detection logic, which is immutable, as well as its metadata field values, which can be overwritten for each Derived Detection.
- Filters may also be added to derived detections.
- This feature is in open beta and is available to all Panther customers.
- Monitor Netskope audit logs for suspicious activity with five new detections contained in a new Panther-managed detection pack. The new detections available in the Panther Console and the panther-analysis GitHub repository.
Now Generally Available
- Take advantage of our new automatic stream type detection functionality to make setting up log sources even easier.
- Users can now get suggestions and error messages when developing Panther schemas and tests in an IDE using the schema-tests file available via the Panther documentation with JSON Schema.
- Our MongoDB log source will now recover more quickly after delays.