Sep 13, 2023
New and Noteworthy
- Added the ability to infer schemas from data streamed into Panther for custom HTTP log sources.
- You may now choose to attach schemas to custom HTTP log sources after initial setup. You may configure your custom sources to use pre-existing schemas or create new ones using our process.
Panther Developer Workflows
- Version 0.26.0 of panther_analysis_tool has been released, featuring the following updates:
- Improved log schema regexes.
- Policy resource types may now be optional.
patcommand line alias for
- Additional bug fixes and improvements.
Now Generally Available
- Use raw event filters with log sources to filter raw events that are ingested into Panther by using regex or substring filters.
- Filtering helps you realize the value of your high-volume logs and use logs that were previously cost-prohibitive when connected with Panther.
- Extract a specific value from a string field with the
splittransformation for custom logs. This allows you to create new schema fields which you can then designate as indicators.
- Use the
masktransformation to conceal sensitive information within your logs.
- Redact or obfuscate (using MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, or SHA-512 hashes) data in the masked fields.
- Note: Masking a field means you cannot later use Panther’s search tools to query for its original value.