Tines COO Thomas Kinsella: How to Remove the Barriers That Prevent Security Teams From Doing Their Best Work
In today’s episode, Thomas and Jack explore what it's like to transition from a security practitioner to a startup founder and how tools like Tines and Panther can be used to transform the way security teams operate.
- What Tines does (and what the name means).
- Reflecting on the stresses of dealing with major incidents while Thomas worked as a security practitioner at organizations like eBay and Docusign.
- Why frustration with the automation platforms available led Thomas and his co-founder to quitting their jobs to build the solution they wish they had.
- The risk of building — instead of buying security tools.
- The Tines use cases that Thomas finds the most surprising.
- How automation platforms and threat detection platforms should work together.
- What’s next for Tines as a company and how they help security members get the most out of their platform.
- 3 pieces of advice for any security operator working at scale.