r2c’s Clint Gibler: How To Succeed in AppSec at Scale
Clint Gibler is the Head of Security Research for r2c, the company behind SEMGREP, a popular open-source static analysis security scanning tool used by teams all over the world.
He joined r2c to help build and shape the future of AppSec; one that includes secure defaults along with lightweight enforcement of those defaults.
In today's episode, Clint talks about SEMGREP, operationalization of tools for security teams, intersection between AppSec and D&R as well as tips to succeed in AppSec at scale.
More topics discussed in this episode:
- SEMGREP's origin story and benefits
- The security startup creation pattern of recent years
- Trend shift to developers operating security problems at scale
- r2c's mission and products in addition to open source
- How application logs are useful in detection and response
- Type of vulnerabilities Clint is seeing more often
- Application security developments he is most excited about
tl;dr Sec Newsletter: tldrsec.com