Cedar’s CISO Aaron Zollman: Lessons From Building a Modern Security Team
Aaron Zollman is the CISO at Cedar — a patient payment and engagement platform for hospitals, health systems, and medical groups that elevates the patient experience. Prior to Cedar, Aaron spent time in security at companies like Bridgewater, Palantir, and MUFG Bank, Japan’s largest bank.
In today’s episode, Aaron and Jack discuss lessons and tips to help organizations build a modern security team that’s capable of detection and response at scale.
- What Aaron learned as he transitioned from the public sector to the private sector.
- How security tools have evolved over the time.
- How Aaron’s background in software engineering contributes to his mindset when it comes to security.
- Aaron’s approach to building the security team from scratch at Cedar and how the strategy had to change in order to accommodate the growth of both data and employees.
- Why Aaron created the conference Fwd:cloudsec
- Three pieces of advice for leaders building a modern security team.
Tines COO Thomas Kinsella: How to Remove the Barriers That Prevent Security Teams From Doing Their Best Work
Learn more abut what it's like to transition from a security practitioner to a startup founder and how tools like Tines and Panther can be used to transform the way security teams operate.
Panther Labs’s Joren McReynolds: Developing Security Products that Can Scale.
Joren shares the experiences and lessons over the course of his journey at Facebook, Airbnb, and how they shaped his knowledge on what building a great product takes.