How Using Tools Can Help Promote Strong Cloud Infrastructure Security with Gilbert Martin
Not so long ago security was 'more manual' and therefore, riskier. Important systems would drift in their configuration, people would go on and change things manually.
Over the past decade, there has been a shift from tools that were doing infrastructure as code to immutable infrastructure. Technology now allows you to be updated, gives you the ability to retrain, and have a repeatable process.
Gilbert Martin is the Head of Cloud Security at OutSystems and a big believer in taking a developer-first approach to a lot of the things that we do in security. One of those is creating an image pipeline.
In today's episode, Gilbert walks us through the idea of how using the right tools can help you promote better cloud infrastructure security.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Gilbert’s background in security.
- What the cloud environment was when he started.
- How immutable infrastructure has helped remove unpredictability and insecurity.
- Why it's important for any organization to have a software asset inventory.
- Gilbert's approach to dealing with systems that he finds some issue/ violation.
- How he uses Kubernetes and Serverless: pros and cons.
- Why visibility is essential for doing security at scale.
- Keys to interact with instant response teams.
- How to succeed at applying cloud security at scale in the future.
What Security Data Can Tell You About Detection and Response with Omer Singer
Omer Singer shares actionable advice to succeed at detection at scale in today's data-driven cybersecurity industry.
What Application and Product Security (Really) Is with Ty Sbano
Ty Sbano discusses how to build robust security teams and the relationship between application security and an incident response function.