What Security Data Can Tell You About Detection and Response with Omer Singer
Cyber security is difficult. It's asymmetric and the advantage falls on the attacker side.
When Omer Singer realized this, he felt inspired to join the military service in Israel. After what he saw by being on the offensive side, moving to the defense was challenging. How would he reconcile both sides of the same coin?
Omer Singer is now Head of Cyber Security Strategy at Snowflake and in this episode, he shares what was the game changing approach that made him flip into doing detection.
Listen to Omer for great insights and advice on how to break into today's data driven cybersecurity industry.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Omer's beginnings and background in penetration testing.
- How Omer made the flip into doing detection.
- How joining Snowflake changed his perspective about being on the defense side.
- The power of data in security and how it tells you things you didn't know how to ask for.
- When Snowflake started their security journey.
- Omer's approach on building a high fidelity system and retaining high fidelity alerting.
- Advice on how to build a strategy around data when you're starting from scratch.
- How security programs and systems scale along with data growth.
- First objectives when he started leading Snowflake cyber security.
- 3 Pieces of actionable advice to succeed at detection at scale.
What Application and Product Security (Really) Is with Ty Sbano
Ty Sbano discusses how to build robust security teams and the relationship between application security and an incident response function.
Operational Readiness and EDR with Brad LaPorte
Brad LaPorte discusses the evolution of Endpoint Detection and Response in-depth and challenges with deploying EDR in a large organization.