Compass CISO JJ Agha on Relentless Iterations and What He Expects from a Modern SIEM
JJ Agha is the CISO at Compass, the largest real estate brokerage in the US, and previously spent over four years as VP of InfoSec at WeWork, along with time as a security engineer at Vimeo and Priceline.
Having worked for and advised for multiple startups and Fortune 500 companies he enjoys the challenge of building security teams and maturing programs and disciplines within an organization while embracing and learning new technologies.
In today’s episode, Jack and JJ discuss how he builds his team, buy vs build, what he expects from a modern SIEM, and more!
- How JJ went from changing his degree nine times, to a help desk analyst to discovering cybersecurity and entering the industry with Northrop Grumman and Edgecast
- How JJ thinks about the human element of security when it comes to running a team and being a CISO
- What Ikigai is and how the mindset can empower security professionals
- Building vs buying and the projects JJ’s security team is working on
- What JJ is looking for in a modern SIEM
- JJ’s focus on Relentless Iteration and his mission to constantly improve and iterate security programs
- How JJ balances the cost of his detection program with the needs of his security team
Keep in touch with JJ on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanagha/