Aston Martin’s Robin Smith: Advocating For Lean Security Programs
Robin Smith is the Head of Cyber and Information Security at Aston Martin and he brings a fresh and unique voice to the security industry.
He advocates for a lean, progressive security mindset where it's crucial thinking around processes to make sure that organizations are not unnecessarily wasting resources while committing to continuous improvement at the same time.
Tune in to learn more about what lean security is, why Robin has always seen security as an asset, and how you can embed that value into your organization.
Topic discussed in this episode:
- How Robin arrived in information security.
- Why he believes we need new voices in the industry.
- The time he wrote 'The Lean Information Management Toolkit'.
- Why he considers security as an asset and how to embed that value across an organization.
- What the concept of lean security implies.
- How lean security applies to security monitoring and detection.
- Desired outcomes for security detection platforms.
- Metrics for a lean security program.
- The approach of practicality when deploying technology.
- 3 Pieces of advice to succeed at effective detection at scale.
Cisco Secure’s J. Wolfgang Goerlich: Rebuilding Trust in Security Tools
J Wolfgang Goerlich, Advisory CISO at Cisco Secure, discusses how trust is a determinant factor in building the security tools of the future, why so many CISOs lost trust over SIEMs and what we can do to rebuild it.
Why Trust Is Critical To Building a Scalable Security Team With Gusto’s Fredrick Lee
A master class with Fredrick Lee on how to lead a security organization from the trenches and what security teams can do when working in a hypergrowth environment.