Adeel Saeed on How to Move from A Reactive to a Proactive Threat Detection & Response Model
Adeel Saeed is VP of Technology Strategy and Execution Management at Kyndryl and is a former CISO/CIO at large financial services companies, aviation companies, and more.
Adeel is an experienced technology strategist and digital transformation leader with extensive hands-on technology and information security management experience and has led multiple large scale complex technology transformation projects.
- How enabling your internal clients with the right tools and tech empowers them to serve their customer-base easier
- Tool consolidation, risk metrics, reporting analytics, and more of what Adeel is focusing on in the risk management environment
- The experience that taught Adeel the most about practical security
- Why experience and exposure are the ultimate teachers
- Actionable steps to going from reactive to proactive in threat detection and response
- The benefits of fine tuned threat intelligence tools to better make risk-based judgements
- Why security is not an ivory tower, it’s part of the business
- How security can better partner with business versus just being a component of it
- Why gamification can be a great tool to engage the executive team
- Standardization of all the data and the fundamental data problem
- What Adeel has been paying attention to in the market around detection
- What true secure data governance looks like
- Adeels biggest challenge as a CISO, CSO, and overall security technology strategy leader
- How Covid helped shape business security and where it should be embedded
- Why it’s critical to position yourself as a business partner to your company
- Adeels tips for security leaders to succeed in the future of threat detection and response
Keep in touch with Adeel on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adeelsaeed/
Chris Hodson of Contentful on How Modern Detection Teams Can Thrive in a Cloud-Based World
Chris Hodson is the CISO at Contentful, which helps digital teams assemble content and deliver experiences, faster. Prior to Contentful, Chris was at Zscaler and Tanium and also busy writing a book called Cyber Risk Management: Prioritize Threat, Identify Vulnerabilities, and Apply Controls.
Thomas Owen of Grafana on Why Enabled Autonomy is the Future of Modern Security Teams
Thomas shares how to build a team from the ground up, the attributes of a modern security team, how to gauge value of security, and his advice for practitioners around basic hygiene.
Mike Saxton of Booz Allen on Where Teams Start in Their Detection Journey and How Detection as Code is Bridging the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
In this episode Mike discusses everything from getting started on your detection journey, to broader cloud security adoption, the use of open source in government, and more!