Continuously audit your AWS S3 configurations and enforce security compliance as code with Panther.
S3 is a robust and scalable object storage service offered by AWS. Use Panther to track real-time changes to your S3 buckets to ensure configurations meet your business requirements for security and compliance.
Monitoring S3 is critical for understanding the history of bucket changes and detecting suspicious activity. Use Panther’s built in policies for continuous monitoring of S3 resources, or write your own detections in Python to fit your internal business use cases.
Common security use cases for S3 with Panther include:
- Identify “known-bad” traffic flows
- Find insecure access to buckets
- Detect access errors on buckets
How it Works
The integration is simple and fast:
- Connect your AWS account to Panther
- A baseline scan is performed to identify all existing S3 buckets in your account(s)
- Built-in detections identify security issues
- Alerts will be sent if non-compliant S3 buckets exist
Use Panther to search all S3 buckets in an AWS account by name, view their compliance status, associated policies, and configured remediations.
S3 Access Log Analysis
Panther can also collect, normalize, and analyze your S3 access logs to detect suspicious activity in real time. Learn more about using Panther to analyze your AWS logs for security insights.