Continuously audit and monitor EC2 Volume configurations and enforce security compliance as code with Panther.
EBS volume is a durable, block-level storage device that you can attach to your EC2 instances. Use Panther to track real-time changes to your EC2 volume to ensure configurations meet your business requirements for security and compliance.
Monitoring EC2 Volume is critical for understanding the history of boot and data volumes and detecting suspicious activity. Use Panther’s built in policies for continuous monitoring of EC2 Volume resources, or write your own detections in Python to fit your internal business use cases.
Common security use cases for EC2 Volume with Panther include:
- Encrypt both the boot and data volumes of an EC2 instance
- Encrypt the snapshot of an EC2 volume to protect against accidental data loss
- Ensure that all EC2 volumes that contain CDE are encrypted
How it Works
The integration is simple and fast:
- Connect your AWS account to Panther
- A baseline scan is performed to identify all existing EC2 Volumes enabled in your AWS account(s)
- Built-in detections identify security issues
- Alerts will be sent if non-compliant security group exists
Use Panther to search all AMI in an AWS account by name, view their compliance status, associated policies, and configured remediations. Learn more about using Panther to analyze your AWS logs for security insights.