Audit changes to AWS Redshift ClustersRequest a DemoRead the Docs
Continuously audit and monitor AWS Redshift Cluster configurations and enforce security compliance as code with Panther.
Amazon Redshift is a fully-managed cloud-based data warehouse product designed for large scale data set storage and analysis. The Redshift data warehouse is a collection of computing resources called nodes, which are organized into a group called a cluster. Each cluster runs an Amazon Redshift engine and contains one or more databases. Use Panther to track real-time changes to your Redshift Clusters to ensure configurations meet your business requirements for security and compliance.
Monitoring Redshift is critical for understanding the history of database changes and detecting suspicious activity. Use Panther’s built in policies for continuous monitoring of Redshift resources, or write your own detections in Python to fit your internal business use cases.
Common security use cases for Redshift Cluster with Panther include:
- Validate that Redshift Cluster has logging and encryption enabled.
- Ensure Redshift Clusters automatically performs upgrades during scheduled maintenance windows
- Monitor if Redshift Cluster snapshot retention periods are set to an appropriate time
How it Works
The integration is simple and fast:
- Connect your AWS account to Panther
- A baseline scan is performed to identify all existing Redshift clusters in your account(s)
- Built-in detections identify security issues
- Alerts will be sent if non-compliant Redshift cluster exist
Use Panther to search all Redshift clusters in an account by name, view their compliance status, associated policies, and configured remediations. Learn more about using Panther to analyze your AWS logs for security insights.